Working at a coffee shop is a classic way to gain experience in Portland, but there are a variety of local internships that can help get your foot in the door -- be it for a career in information technology or broadcasting. And none of them involve steamed milk or espresso (unless you’re grabbing some coffee on your way to work).
A survey of local employers reveals that Nike offers real-world internship opportunities ranging from product design, finance, and marketing to logistics and even human resources. Meanwhile, Port of Portland helps you enhance your competitiveness in the marketplace with internships including business, planning, legal, engineering, and information technology.
Other internship opportunities include:
- Legacy Health - process improvement, marketing/business development, patient care, human resources, and finance
- Oregon Zoo - animal behavior, education, graphic design, photography, marketing, web programming, and more
- The Berry Botanic Garden - life science and conservation biology
- Portland Center Stage - development, marketing, graphic design, education, administration, costumes, and human resources
- The City of Portland - transportation, legal, environmental, fire and rescue, parks and recreation, police, and more
Visit Monster College for a more complete list of internships and jobs for students and recent graduates in Portland and around the U.S.
In addition, most schools have well-developed internship programs with connections at businesses throughout Portland. Use our quick and private forms to request more information from schools in Portland about their internship placement services.